Tracey Lauriault presented a paper co-authored with Peter Mooney at the Oxford Internet Institute last week and as promised to those in attendance here are the slides including the references. The abstract can be read on the The Internet, Policy and Politics Conference website along with many of the other papers and abstracts.
- Goodchild, Michael F., and Linna Li. 2012. “Assuring the Quality of Volunteered Geographic Information.” Spatial Statistics 1 (May): 110–20. doi:10.1016/j.spasta.2012.03.002.
- Goodchild, Michael F., 2007, Citizens as sensors: the world of volunteered geography, GeoJournal, 69 (4), pp. 211–221
- Conrad, Cathy C., and Krista G. Hilchey. 2011. “A Review of Citizen Science and Community-Based Environmental Monitoring: Issues and Opportunities.” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 176 (1-4): 273–91. doi:10.1007/s10661-010-1582-5.
- Browna, Greg and Kyttäb, Marketta , 2014, Key issues and research priorities for public participation GIS (PPGIS): A synthesis based on empirical research, Applied Geography, Volume 46, January 2014, Pages 122–136.
- Ogiek Peoples visualizing their traditional lands Nessuit, Kenya, Good practices in participatory Mapping (2009), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Brabham, Daren C., 2013, Using Crowdsourcing In Government. IBM Center for The Business of Government
- Google Flu Trends
- Mechanical Turk
- Notification Edit Service
- Haklay, Muki. 2013. “Citizen Science and Volunteered Geographic Information: Overview and Typology of Participation.” In Crowdsourcing Geographic Knowledge, edited by Daniel Sui, Sarah Elwood, and Michael Goodchild, 105–22. Springer Netherlands.
- Hickling Arthurs Low (HAL), 2012, Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) Primer, CANADIAN GEOSPATIAL DATA INFRASTRUCTURE INFORMATION PRODUCT 21e, Science & Technology Policy Research and Analysis Resource team, GeoConnections. Ottawa: Natural Resources Canada.
- Coleman, D., Georgiadou, Y., & Labonte, J. , 2009, Volunteered Geographic Information: the nature and motivation of produsers. International Journal of Spatial Data Infrastructures Research, Vol 4.
- Kitchin, Rob and Lauriault,Tracey P., 2014, Towards Critical Data Studies: Charting and Unpacking Data Assemblages and Their Work National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUI Maynooth) – NIRSA National Institure for Regional and Spatial Analysis (NIRSA,
- Haklay, M.; Antoniou, V; Basiouka, S; Soden, R; Mooney, P; 2014, Crowdsourced Geographic Information Use in Government. Global Facility for Disaster Reduction & Recovery (GFDRR), World Bank: London, UK.
- National Biodiversity Data Centre
- Nunaliit Cybercatographic Atlas Framework
- Engler, Nate ,Teresa Scassa, and Taylor, D. R. Fraser , 2014, Cybercartography and Volunteered Geographic Information, Chapter 4 in D.R. Fraser Taylor and Tracey P. Lauriault, Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography, 2nd Edition, Elsevier.
- Cybercartographic Atlases
- Canadian Geomatics Community Strategy “White Paper” and Scenarios, 2013, prepared for Natural Resources Canada by Hickling Arthurs Low Corporation (HAL).
- Programmable City Project