|Position: Doctoral Researcher
Aoife Delaney is a Doctoral Student at the National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis (NIRSA), National University of Ireland, Maynooth, as part of the ERC-funded Programmable City Project. Her research endeavours to map out the Coordinated Management and Emergency Response Systems (CMaERS) in both Dublin and Boston with respect to flooding response. These systems will be explored in terms of how the system is organised and run in practice, its cracks or where fault lines occur and how the smart city will interact and change the organisation, practice and resiliency of CMaERS.
Aoife graduated from a Bachelors of Arts (Geography) Degree in 2013 with a First Class Honours and from a Masters of Arts Society and Space Degree in 2014, both awarded by Maynooth University. Her Undergraduate thesis studied the Digital Divide occurring between different second level schools in Kildare, Ireland and her MA thesis studied the evolution of Silicon Docks.
- The Irish Red Cross Emerging Technology Workshop (3 November 2014), Spencer Hotel, Dublin, Ireland (Participant). http://tech4resilience.blogspot.ie/
- Conference of Irish Geographers (21st -24th May 2015), Queens University, Belfast. Presented paper on the “Evolution of Silicon Docks” within the Programmable City session on Technological imaginaries and the Production of Space organised by James Merricks White (The Programmable City). (Presented).
- Code and the City Workshop, September 2014, Maynooth University.
- Data and the City Workshop, September 2015, Maynooth University.
- Architecture and resilience on a human scale conference, September 2015, Sheffield School of Architecture, Sheffield University.
- Smart Dublin Launch, 8th March 2016, Dublin City Hall. Organised by Dublin City Council. (Attended).
- Algorithms, Identity and Society: The Politics of Information. Organised by MIT (Attended).
- “Smart” Cities? Critical perspectives, 19th April 2016, Harvard University. Organised by the Graduate School of Design. (Attended).
- Forum on Future Cities: Bits and Bricks, 22nd April 2016, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. (Attended).
- Smart Resilience Conference, 25th May 2016, Dublin Science Gallery. Organised by Jacobs. (Attended).
- Conference of Irish Geographers (5th-7th May 2016), St. Patricks, Drumcondra, Dublin. Presented paper on “The Governance of Emergency Response to flooding events in Dublin, Ireland”, within the session Governing Disasters organised by Aoife Delaney (The Programmable City) and Darren Clarke (Maynooth University). (Presented).